Successful cases of EnergyVaasa businesses and research institutes
Students in the Vaasa region have early opportunities to get to experience working life in practice, and to participate in business development. Technical wonders and future possibilities are thus opened up in an entirely new way.
– Distribution represents the greatest challenge for the energy industry in Vaasa. Let us, for instance, imagine a hybrid power plant running on wind, solar energy, biodiesel or geothermal energy, according to the energy demand and the availability of the energy source. Such distributed hybrid power plants impose new challenges on the electrical network. In future, the consumer can basically also sell energy. The network would no longer be a one-way electricity transmission line, making it far more difficult to protect.
– Beyond the growth centres, there is often more energy available than is consumed locally. The utilization of these energy reserves is creating new business opportunities for Finnish industry.
– In the near future, we will also be able to store energy better. In our laboratory, students can, for instance,study electric cars
– including the accumulators, the charging requirements, and their use. In order to replace fossil fuels with renewable energy sources, and make electric-driven vehicles more commonplace, innovations from the energy business sector is needed. Instead of the current distribution stations, there will be electricity charging stations – in homes, at work, and in public places, Timo Kankaanp.. visualizes.
– Both in research and education, an open mind and genuine enthusiasm are vital. We need visionaries and skilful doers. This is what we strive to produce here!
Timo Kankaanpää, director